It's no surprise I am a huge Chipotle fan!
Their fresh ingredients, flavor and involvement with their community, doesn't come close to rivaling any other food chain out there.
Earlier this month, Chipotle Mexican Grill announced a new partnership with (RED) to support the fight against AIDS. This partnership includes teaming up with 11 celebrity chefs and television personalities to create special recipes to support the EAT (RED) DRINK (RED) SAVES LIVES campaign.
The list of participating chefs includes:
- Chipotle culinary manager Nate Appleman ("Next Iron Chef")
- Richard Blais ("Top Chef")
- Rocco DiSpirito (chef and author, Cook Your Butt Off)
- Graham Elliot (chef, Graham Elliot Bistro, "Masterchef")
- Jennifer McGrother (author, The Nourished Kitchen)
- Andrew Zimmern ("Bizzare Foods with Andrew Zimmern")
- The hosts of "The Chew," Mario Batali, Carla Hall, Daphne Oz, Michael Symon and Clinton Kelly.
Each unique recipe has been inspired by Chipotle's ingredients.
I'm most excited to try Chef Elliot's Avocado Hummus recipe!
I normally purchase my hummus premade, but last week I had the opportunity of making it from scratch at a local Greek restaurant. With a pilón and everything! I was surprised on how easy it was to make and wow, the flavor!
Now add avocado to it and I think we have ourselves a winner!
INGREDIENTS (Makes about 4 cups)
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 medium ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp allepo (Optional. See note.)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- Shaved radish, for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- 3 to 4 pita bread wedges
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, pulse the chickpeas, garlic, jalapeño, olive oil and tahini until nearly smooth.
- Add the avocado, lime juice, sumac, allepo (if using), and cumin and process until the hummus is smooth.
- Scrape the hummus into a bowl and season to taste with salt. Fold in the chopped cilantro, parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Serve garnished with a drizzle of olive oil and shaved radish, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Serve the pita wedges on the side.
"We are so thrilled to have Chipotle coming to the table for EAT (RED) DRINK (RED) SAVE LIVES in 2015. Not only is the brand loved and enjoyed by young people around the world, it's fantastic to see Chipotle rallying its customers to join the AID fight as part of this campaign," said Deborah Dugan, CEO at (RED). "The impact is huge - Chipotle's contribution alone can provide more than a quarter million days of life-saving HIV/AIDS medication for those who need it most in sub-Saharan Africa."
ABOUT (RED) ®
(RED) was founded in 2006 by Bono and Bobby Shriver to engage businesses and people in the fight against AIDS. (RED) partners with the world's most iconic brands that contribute up to 50% of profits from (RED)-branded goods and services to the Global Fund. (RED) Proud Partners include: Apple, Starbucks, The Coca-Cola Company, Bank of America, Beats by Dr. Dre, Belvedere, Claro, SAP, Telcel and Live Nation Entertainment.