This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Post but the content and opinions expressed here are my own. #PrizesWithPost #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
I've always had a big sweet tooth. Pastries, ice cream, cake, candy, you name it, I love it and eat it. Lately, I've been craving the combination of chocolate and fruit. I love the melt-in-your-mouth chocolate shell and the sweet fruit beneath. Not only are these treats great for dessert and snacking, but they make great gifts as well. Best part? They're super easy to make at home. No matter your cooking skills, chocolate covered fruit always turns out looking fancier than what it really took to make them.
My fruit of choice and that holds chocolate well, are bananas and strawberries. To add a little crunch, I love incorporating Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds.It transforms the chocolate covered fruit and takes it to another delicious level!
• 2 Cups of Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds
• Choice of Fruit (Strawberries and Bananas work well)
• 1 Cup of chocolate sauce (homemade or store bought)
1. Set up station for easy assembly
2. Roll bag of cereal with hand or rolling pin to reach desired size
3. Make sure fruit is clean and patted dry
4. Cut fruit and place toothpicks in them (ex: bananas)
5. Dip fruit in chocolate and roll into cereal mixture
6. Eat as-is or refrigerate for later
Tip: Make sure the strawberries are dry. If you have any water left from rinsing, the chocolate coating won't stick to the strawberry as well.
I love eating Post cereals. They have something for the whole family and a wide variety of different cereals that will satisfy everyone.
Make sure to pair game time with a delicious serving of Post cereals or a unique recipe like this one.
The Crunchy Chocolate Covered Fruit recipe is easy to make and great for any time of the day. Need a fun cooking project with your kids? This one is perfect and they'll feel like little cooks in the kitchen!
I found the Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds in the cereal aisle of my local Walmart. Check out the #CerealAnytime Pinterest page for some delicious cereal inspirations.
What fun recipes do you make with cereal?