This year I decided to only have one New Year's Resolution; to live life to thefullest! To savor every minute and to immerse myself in new adventures and experiences.
I know we all have this mentality at the beginning of the year, but somehow it always seems to fade within the first couple of months. I've been guilty of this as well. However, this year I'm making a conscious effort to successfully accomplish this goal.
So far, this year has been off to a great start. Last weekend I went on an incredible trip with my family. Not only did I have an unforgettable time, but I also experienced many new things that I've always wanted to do.
1) I finally went on a cruise: Yes, I was one of those rare people who had never been on one. Crazy right? Well, I'm happy to say, it was everything I imagined and more. I'm pretty sure you can assume what my favorite part was... the unlimited food! Their selection is endless! (I have yet to step on the scale, and most likely will be avoiding it until next month.) If food is not your thing, there is a variety of other fun activities you can do. It's virtually impossible to get bored! Overall, my cruise experience was a success thanks to Royal Carribbean. Definitely will be going on another one!
2) Went to the Bahamas: Living in Florida, Bahamas would seem like an obvious destination to have visited. Once again, not for this girl. The two stops our Royal Caribbean 3 day cruise made was in Nassau and CocoCay. We got lucky that there was beautiful weather all throughout the weekend. A clear blue sky and crystal clear water, I mean, what more could you ask for? Oh Bahamas, expect my return real soon!
3) Went to the Atlantis Resort: You can't go to the Bahamas and not go to the Atlantis. This place is absolutely breathtaking! Even if you're not staying there, you can still enjoy all of their amazing amenities, such as their pool and beach. It is a little pricey but trust me, well worth it. We purchased the pass that allowed us access to walk around the Atlantis, entrance to the Aquarium and Dolphin Cay. Which leads me to my next new experience.
4) Went swimming with dolphins: This was a dream come true for me! Ever since I can remember, swimming with dolphins has been on the top of my bucket list. We went to Dolphin Cay, which is located at the Atlantis Resort. You can't help but smile when looking at a dolphin. They're just so darn cute! Our dolphin's name was Electra. She had such a vibrant and playful personality, and in my opinion, the best dolphin there. I can honestly say, that day was one of the happiest days of my life.
5) Ate Conch: Before this trip, I didn't even know what conch was. Conch is a type of shellfish that is eaten raw or cooked. In the Bahamas, conch is typically served as fritters and salads. It is considered to be the country's main dish. We went to this cozy little restaurant called Twin Brothers and tried it for the first time. We couldn't decide what to get, so we ordered it all! The conch chowder, fritters and salad. I enjoyed the chowder and the fritters- the salad, not so much. The texture of conch is similar to that of calamari, but for me, calamari is much tastier.
This trip not only allowed me to visit another county, but it also made me realize how blessed I am to have been able to experience such wonderful new things.
We sometimes get too comfortable in our daily routines that we forget to really live. Doing new things and creating new memories is truly what life is all about.
"Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life."
Try new foods, experience new cultures, make new connections, take a trip... the list goes on.
Time waits for no one. Go out and experience this beautiful journey we call life!