Recently I've been getting back to practicing yoga. I've tried many fitness routines along the years and yoga has always been the workout I gravitate and come back to.
The purpose of yoga is to create strength, awareness and harmony in both the mind and body. Yoga’s focus on strength training and flexibility is an incredible benefit to your body. The postures are meant to strengthen your body from the inside out, so you don’t just look good, you feel good, too.
Each of the yoga poses is built to reinforce the muscles around the spine, the very center of your body, which is the core from which everything else operates.
Yoga is not just about working out, it’s about a creating and maintaining a healthier lifestyle.
Whenever I get the chance, I love to wake up early and head to the beach to practice my hour long yoga and meditation session. Not only do I get to take in a breathtaking sunrise, but the weather is absolutely perfect. Not too hot with a light refreshing breeze.
I make sure my yogi bag is minimalistic and simple, with just a few essentials to make my practice as mindful as possible.
My 6 Yoga Bag Essentials:
1) Water: Proper hydration is key! I prefer to take a cold small bottle of water but coconut water is also a nice option. Whichever beverage you prefer, make sure you have plenty of fluids available during and after your workout.
2) Hair Ties: This is a necessity! I sometimes see girls working out with their long flowy hair and they always look like a fitness ad model. I'm not one of those girls! I never wear makeup and my hair is always up in a ponytail or braid. The last thing I want is my hair in my face when working out. I carry at least 2 hair ties with me- just in case I lose one.
3) Small Towel: If you're anything like me, you tend to sweat during yoga. I like to keep a small towel beside me to keep dry. You can also use the towel for extra head cushion when you're laying down on your yoga mat.
4) Dry Shampoo: I only wash my hair twice a week in order to keep it shiny and healthy. Dry shampoo has been my go-to beauty essential in keeping my hair fresh during the day. No need to wash your hair and strip it from it's natural oils if you don't have to.
5) Healthy Snack: A snack is always a must when I workout (or whenever I step foot outside my house). I prefer something light but that will fuel my body after my yoga session, such as a heathy organic power bar but a granola bar, almonds or popcorn are also great choices.
6) Cleansing Cloths: The Cottonelle® with CleanRipple® Texture cleansing cloths are perfect when I'm on the move and want to feel fresh. They are designed to clean better, so you’re clean & confident enough to go commando! The small package is the perfect size to carry in my yoga bag and the innovation on all Cottonelle® toilet paper and flushable cleansing cloths are designed to keep you clean so you can feel confident enough to achieve your fitness goals!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.Thank you Cottonelle® for sponsoring this post.